Height: 15 meters
Jump-off point: Brgy. Bunga, Nagcarlan, Laguna
Trail length: 5-10 minutes
How to get here:
By Public Transportation: Board a bus directly to San Pablo City, Laguna. You can also take Lucena bound buses and drop off at San Pablo. Make sure to ask if the Lucena-bound bus will pass by San Pablo, it usually does. From San Pablo City, ride a jeep going to Nagcarlan town proper. From there, you can hire a tricycle to bring you to the waterfalls.
Bunga falls is a perfect weekend destination near Manila. We recommend bringing your own car since it’s just a 2-3 hour trip. It’s also easier to sidetrip to other places like Nagcarlan Underground Cemetery, Yambo Lake, Pandin Lake, etc. if you have a car. Don’t forget to ask for directions when you’re already en route to Nagcarlan. The sign to Bunga Falls is not that noticeable. There are designated parking area for a minimal fee. The falls is just 5 minutes away from the parking lot; no long hike needed.
In Bunga, it’s best to rent a cottage so you could have a place for your things. Some cottages also have tables so you could take your lunch there. Bring packed lunch, since there are no stores in the area to buy meals. You can rent salbabidas or water tubes and swim at the base of the falls for 50php. If you have valuables, just leave them in your car just to be safe as the place could get crowded during lunch hours. A lot of locals also visit the place during weekends.
- Fees: P5 Entrance fee per person, P200 Cottage rental (We were only charged P50 since we arrived late in the afternoon), P30 Parking fee per vehicle, P40 Water tube rental
- There are restrooms and shower rooms in the area.
- Signal is good for all networks.
- We recommend visiting in the afternoon to avoid the crowd. You can visit other places first before heading to Bunga falls. (Yambo Lake, Pandin Lake, Nagcarlan Underground Cemetery, etc.) The nearest one is Yambo Lake.
- There is a small sari-sari store selling refreshments and snacks in case you get hungry.